Jump to navigation
The real first post
Does the world need another blog? The answer to that is probably a resounding "Hell, no..." But here we go anyway. This blog like many others is simply the result of an itch that needs scratching. I'm fascinated by the way the digital world is evolving socially, technically, spiritually and so on. This blog is an attempt to sort out my thoughts about it as I experience it. I can't say I'll limit my comments to that area but it's what has been on my mind of late. I invite comments, if anyone reads this. I may not ever admit that I'm wrong, but I'll take note of it even if I don't.
- This site's layout sucks. I'm new to blogging but not programming. I don't know much PHP, but I'll try to spiff it up a bit.
- The blog mail function doesn't seem work. I'll sort that out.
- The blog's title "Before Completion" comes from the title of Hexagram 64 of James Legge's translation of Richard Wilhelm's and Cary F. Baynes translation of the I Ching. Hexagram 64 describes a time when the transition from disorder to order is
not yet completed. Sounds about right. As the I Ching points out, when the development of events reaches an end, a new cycle begins.
- Today's music to blog to: Big Al Johnson Champagne and Reefer The album is Take Your Drunken Ass Home. Low down dirty blues. Nice title.
- Thanks to Bev, Pam and David and the four legged members of the family.
posted at 13:57:20 on 08/23/04
One thinks of French philosophy that it aspires to the condition of literature or the condition of art, and that English and American philosophy aspires to the condition of science. French philosophy, one thinks of as picking up an idea and running with it, posibility into a nearby brick wall or over a local cliff, or something like that. by <a href="http://www.free-casino-game...
" title="online roulette">online roulette</a>
'Tis not contrary to reason to prefer the destruction of the whole world to the scratching of my finger. by <a href="http://www.poker-rooms-777.com
" title="free online poker">free online poker</a>
The routine of custom tends to deaden even scientific inquiry; it stands in the way of discovery and of the active scientific worker. For discovery and inquiry are synonymous as an occupation. Science is a pursuit, not a coming into possession of the immutable; new theories as points of view are more prized than discoveries that quantitatively increase the store on hand. by <a href="http://www.texas-holdem-0.com
" title="texas hold'em">texas hold'em</a>
The philosophic thesis that all knowledge is ultimately founded in experience has in the end led to a postulate concerning the logical clarification of any statement about nature. Such a postulate may have seemed justified in the period of classical physics, but since quantum theory we have learned that it cannot be fulfilled. by <a href="http://www.1-poker-games.bi...
" title="pacific poker">pacific poker</a>
I am that gadfly which God has attached to the state, and all day long and in all places am always fastening upon you, arousing and persuading and reproaching you. http://www.oliviagadamer.com